Low Carb Cheesy Turkey and Broccoli Bake
A delicious casserole that’s low in carbs? Bring it on! Yes, this cheese and egg based casserole is perfect for any meal and would make a great dish to share with a friend or neighbor with diabetes. I served mine with hollandaise sauce for an even creamier texture and it was so good! If you are serving this recipe to non-carb counters, feel free to serve this on whole grain noodles, rice or toasted sourdough bread. This recipe can be easily doubled to serve a large crowd and can be prepared ahead of time up to the point of baking. Just keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours then bake. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of small broccoli florets (chop broccoli into small pieces)
- 2 cups lower sodium chopped turkey
- ¼ teaspoon Emeril's all purpose seasoning
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs, beaten slightly
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place broccoli into medium size baking dish and cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high 2 minutes or until cooked slightly.
- Add turkey to broccoli in baking dish and stir to combine then sprinkle with seasoning and cheese.
- Pour the eggs over all and stir to combine.
- Cook uncovered about 20 minutes or until eggs are set.