These delicious berry muffins are perfect for your grab & go breakfast needs. They are great toasted and pair well with low sugar jam or fruit syrup. Feel free to use any type of berry or any other fruit you may have on hand!
Flax and Berry Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg beaten slightly
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Combine oats and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with foil liners.
- Add remaining ingredients (except blueberries and flax) to oat mixture.
- Stir to combine, then divide between muffin cups.
- Top each muffin wth blueberries and a sprinkle of flaxseed.
- Bake until muffin top springs back when touched (about 25-30 minutes).
- Serve warm. 12 servings