Need a quick and delicious low carb, high protein snack idea? Try these pepper snacks! Fajitas in an easy to munch form.
Fajita Pepper Snacks
- Mini peppers- aproximately 10-12
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or chicken breast , diced
- 3/4 cup frozen diced onions
- 1/2-1 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips (omit for low carb) , if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Chop 2-3 peppers and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook pepper halves 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Remove pepper halves and set aside.
- Add tenderloin, diced onions and reserved diced peppers to skillet and sprinkle with fajita seasoning.
- Stir until meat is browned and cooked.
- Stuff each pepper half with meat mixture, sprinkle with cheese and chips if desired.
- Place peppers in a baking pan and cook 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.