Need a quick and delicious low carb, high protein snack idea? Try these pepper snacks! Fajitas in an easy to munch form.
Fajita Pepper Snacks
Low carb stuffed pepper snacks!
- Mini peppers- aproximately 10-12
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or chicken breast , diced
- 3/4 cup frozen diced onions
- 1/2-1 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips (omit for low carb) , if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Chop 2-3 peppers and set aside.
Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook pepper halves 5-10 minutes to soften.
Remove pepper halves and set aside.
Add tenderloin, diced onions and reserved diced peppers to skillet and sprinkle with fajita seasoning.
Stir until meat is browned and cooked.
Stuff each pepper half with meat mixture, sprinkle with cheese and chips if desired.
Place peppers in a baking pan and cook 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.