I decided to try my hand at making a nut butter this week, except I definitely wanted to add some other ingredients to make it interesting… So I settled on a chocolate pecan butter. It was delicious! I hope you enjoy this recipe- leave me a comment and let me know if you have tried making nut butter.
Pecan Butter with Flaxseed and Dark Chocolate
- 2 cups pecans , toasted
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or dark chocolate), melted in microwave
- Pulse the pecans and flaxseed in food processor 2-3 minutes until creamy and soft (stir several times to incorporate).
- Add salt, oil, vanilla and chocolate to nut butter mixture.
- Process 1-2 more minutes to thoroughly mix.
- Mixture will become firmer as it cools.
- Store at room temp if using in 1 day or in refrigerator for several days.
- Allow to return to room temp for best flavor.