Low Carb Baked Greek Chicken
Low carb Greek seasoned chicken thighs make a delicious and healthy one pot meal. Served on a bed of mushrooms, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil , divided
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium size chicken thighs or breasts (4-6 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 small mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach (may use frozen-cook, drain and squeeze to remove excess moisture)
- 1/3 cup grated Italian cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in oven proof skillet. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and oregano then sauté quickly to brown on each side. Remove from skillet.
Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook until tender. Add in sun dried tomatoes, feta and spinach.
Sprinkle with Italian cheese.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.
Let sit 5 minutes before serving to maximize flavors.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 314mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1.4mg