Low Carb Beef Stroganoff Bowl
30 minute recipe for low carb beef stroganoff featuring ground beef, mushrooms and a creamy sauce. Perfect for the whole family!
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 oz small mushrooms , sliced
- 1 # ground beef-grassfed if available
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lower sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt , as desired
- 1/2 cup sour cream add extra as desired
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat then add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until tender and browned.
Remove mushrooms from pan then add ground beef and onions to skillet along with broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until beef is browned and fully cooked. (Cook beef and onions in batches if using a small skillet.)
Add lemon juice, paprika,salt and cooked mushrooms to ground beef in skillet and stir to combine. Heat to a simmer then remove pan from heat.
Stir in sour cream then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed and serve.
May be served in bowls or over toasted ultra-thin bread slices.
Expert tips for making Low Carb Beef Stroganoff
- Use a large heavy iron skillet if possible to help with browning the mushrooms and ground beef. Browning helps add flavor to the dish.
- Spread the ingredients out in the skillet for better browning results. If your skillet is small, simply cook the ground beef in batches.
- Take the skillet off the stove before adding the sour cream. Prevent curdling by "tempering" the sour cream by adding a small amount of the hot liquid from the dish to the sour cream and stir. Remove the dish from the stove then stir in the sour cream.
- Use more beef broth if you prefer.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg