The 15gm Carb Stuffed Potato
Only 15 gm carb in this healthy stuffed baked potato recipe! A satisfying combo of BBQ chicken, steamed broccoli and cheese piled high on a baked potato. A delicious diabetes-friendly meal.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 8 oz baking potato , skin on
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- 6 oz grilled chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp low sugar BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp diced green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Cook baked potato until tender. Set aside.
Steam broccoli in microwave. Drain well.
Slice chicken into thin strips.
Place potato in oven safe skillet and slice in half, then slice crosswise several times to form small chunks. Spread potato chunks evenly around skillet.
Top potato with broccoli, then chicken strips, then drizzle with bbq sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Place potato under broiler to melt cheese.
Top with green onions and sour cream. Serve.
Expert tips for making 15 gm Carb Stuffed Potato
- Be sure to use the correct measurement of potato in this recipe to keep carbs at the proper level.
- Purchase a bag of frozen microwaveable broccoli for less prep time.
- Keep the skin on the baked potato to add extra fiber.
- Choose your favorite variety of cheese- or use a mix of cheese.
- BBQ sauce can be a hidden source of carbs, so be sure to use a lower carb product.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 1055mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 56.9mg | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 4.3mg