Low Carb Pork Lettuce Wraps
Low carb pork lettuce wraps are a fun and delicious meal!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoon Korean BBQ Sauce, divided
- 2 ½ teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 each green onions, diced
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, minced or ginger in tube
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 each red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 medium mushrooms, diced
- bibb lettuce leaves
- chopped peanuts
- green onions, diced
Slice tenderloin into thin pieces and place into a bowl. (May freeze tenderloin slightly to make slicing easier.) Add 1 Tablespoon BBQ sauce to pork and stir well.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet, then stir fry pork in 2 batches until cooked and brown. (May use another 1 teaspoon olive oil for second batch.) Place cooked pork in a small bowl.
When all pork is browned, add ½ teaspoon olive oil to skillet and heat. Add green onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, pepper and mushrooms to skillet and stir fry 2-3 minutes until crisp tender.
Add pork to veggies in skillet along with remaining 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce. Stir well to combine. Serve with lettuce leaves and garnishes as desired.
- Brown the meat in batches to ensure a delicious crispy coating.
- Stir fry the veggies til crisp-tender. Crispy always wins out over limp veggies!
- Be sure to include the "secret ingredient"- Korean BBQ sauce!
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3565IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1.7mg