An easy and tasty low carb quesadilla! Use leftover steak to make it even easier. Use a sandwich grill or an iron skillet for a crispy crust.
- For Each Quesadilla:
- 1 small lower carb tortilla
- ½-1 cup peppers and onions , diced (fresh or frozen)
- Mushrooms , any variety, sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3-4 Ounces lean beef steak , pork or chicken or any lean leftover meat, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
Preheat sandwich grill.
Heat olive oil in a small non-stick skillet and sautee veggies until crips-tender.
Place a tortilla on grill and top with veggies, sliced meat and sprinkle with cheese.
Fold tortilla over and close sandwich press to heat and toast tortilla.
Slice into wedges and serve warm with salsa and peppers as desired.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 424mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 59.9mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 2.3mg