Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Chews
This healthy version of classic peanut butter chews taste even better than the original! Ready in 20 minutes or less-makes the perfect after school snack.
- 3 cups whole grain cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup brown sugar substitute
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips optional
Combine cereal and flaxseed meal in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a small sauce pan, stir together brown sugar and honey over medium heat until combined well and sugar is dissolved. Add peanut butter and stir until melted and smooth.
Pour over cereal mixture and stir to combine.
Press evenly into 8 X 8 pan and allow to cool.
Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
- Lightly grease your pan to help make cleanup easy.
- Leave the cereal uncrushed to make your chews crunchy.
- Be sure to use ground flaxseed rather than whole seeds to get the most health benefits.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg