Baked Catfish Filets
Catfish coated in pecans makes a delicious low carb entree.
- 1 pound catfish fillets (about 3 medium)
- 1 egg , beaten
- ground pepper
- garlic powder
- rosemary, ground
- 1 cup pecans , chopped
- lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
Dip fillets in egg to coat. Drain then place on wax paper.
Sprinkle catfish fillets with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a pinch of rosemary.
Place chopped pecans on a plate and press fillet firmly into pecans. Turn fillet to coat opposite side.
Place fillet on baking sheet and sprinkle with paprika for added color.
Repeat with remaining fillets.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with lemon wedges.
- Line your pan with foil or parchment for easy clean up.
- Carefully drain filets then season.
- Chop the pecans finely to help the coating adhere to the fish.
- Add a sprinkle of paprika for added color.
Serving: 1filet | Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1.2mg