Superfood Kale Salad
Enjoy all the benefits of a restaurant superfood salad at home. This awesome salad features a healthy dose of kale, broccoli, berries and seeds.Ready in about 20 minutes, it will power your day!
- 1 bunch kale chopped
- 6 ounce broccoli slaw bagged -find in the produce dept
- 5 ounce carrots , julienned
- 2 heads broccoli , chopped
- ¼ cup red onion , diced
- ½ cup low sugar dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pomegranate vinegar (or other flavor)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients. Stir well.
Place kale in a large bowl and add 2-3 Tablespoons dressing.
With hands, massage and rub dressing into kale 2-3 minutes to soften texture of kale.
Add all remaining ingredients to bowl then top with remaining dressing.
- "Massage" the kale- it really makes a big difference in the texture of the salad. Simply strip the kale from the stems, wash and dry well then add a little dressing or lemon juice and use your fingertips to massage the kale a few minutes. Then tear into smaller pieces.
- If time saving tips are important, be sure to look for pre-prepped veggies at your store.
- Make this salad ahead if desired and store in refrigerator.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 900mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 6270IU | Vitamin C: 220.6mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 2.3mg