Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms stuffed with an easy-prep philly cheesesteak mixture. Use any leftover meat and lots of cheese for a satisfying low carb meal.
- 3 portabella mushrooms about 4" each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced green peppers may use frozen
- ½ cup diced onions may use frozen
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5-6 oz. diced meat leftover steak,roast,etc. about 1 cup
- 1 Tablespoon honey mustard dressing
- 6 slices provolone cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Clean mushrooms and set aside.
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and add peppers,onions and garlic.
Saute 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Add Worcestershire sauce and diced meat, heat 2-3 minutes.
Add honey mustard dressing and stir to combine.
Press 1 slice cheese into each mushroom to form a cup for filling.
Divide filling between mushrooms.
Top with remaining cheese then place stuffed mushrooms in skillet.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Serve as is or over a bed of zucchini noodles covered with low carb marinara.
- Choose a large oven proof skillet for this one pan meal.
- Recipe may be doubled if needed.
- May use grated cheese if desired.
- Make it family friendly and serve filling on hoagie buns.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 436mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 426IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 298mg | Iron: 1mg