Spinach Artichoke Dip
Our Spinach Artichoke Dip healthy version uses lower fat cheeses and plenty of vitamin packed spinach! Ready in about 30 minutes, this one pot, low carb recipe will become your favorite appetizer.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1-2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained well
- 7.5 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 8 oz. neufchatel cheese softened
- 5.3 oz. plain Greek yogurt may use nonfat if desired
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (part skim) divided
- salt as desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a 9" ovenproof skillet. Add onions and garlic and saute approx 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top.
Stir until well combined then sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top.
Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- This recipe works great in a skillet, but may be cooked in a casserole dish if desired.
- Use Italian cheese in place of mozzarella if desired.
- Each serving contains approx. 8gm carb (note that there are 2 gm fiber included in the total carb amount of 8gm). This number could be further lowered by using more "full fat" products like regular cream cheese, full fat mozzarella cheese, etc. if desired. Be sure to add in carbs from chips if using those for dippers.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 548mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6376IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 382mg | Iron: 1mg