Healthy Marinated Greek Chicken
This healthy marinated chicken features Greek seasonings for authentic flavor and cooks up in about 10 minutes. Use all week in your wraps and salads!
- 12 oz boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 salt optional
- dash black pepper optional
- 1 tsp olive oil
Slice chicken into thin pieces.
Combine all ingredients except 1 tsp oil in large reclosable plastic bag. Place bag in refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet or pan and cook chicken until all sides are golden brown and internal temperature reads 165 degrees (approx. 7-10 minutes). (Discard marinade)
Store any leftovers in refrigerator or freezer.
- Allow chicken to marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day in advance for best flavor. Discard marinate after use.
- Use dried herbs and seasonings that are in date. Herbs with expired dates will be less flavorful.
- If available, a heavy iron skillet will easily produce a brown crunchy crust.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg