Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Melted cheese mixed with beef and onions in a bell pepper-low carb, easy and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 large green bell peppers, halved (seeds removed)
- 1 lb steak - minute, sirloin,etc cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- ¼ cup queso melting cheese
In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Stir. Place pepper halves on top of onions. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes until onions are golden brown- stirring onions occasionally. Lower heat if needed to prevent burning. Uncover last few minutes of cooking. Remove onions and peppers from skillet into a large bowl.
Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet and turn heat to med high. Add worcestershire sauce to steak pieces and stir then cook in 2 batches -stir frying until browned and cooked- about 2-3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet for each batch of steak cooked. Add cooked steak to bowl containing cooked onions and stir to combine.
Place ½ slice provolone cheese in the bottom of each pepper half, then fill peppers with steak/onion mixture. Heat queso cheese then drizzle evenly over peppers. Place peppers back in skillet on low heat. Cover and heat until thoroughly warmed.
- Cook the steak in batches (unless using leftovers) to help with browning.
- Cover and cook the peppers for the recommended time to make sure they are soft and tender.
- If you don't have 2 types of cheese, just use what you have and it will be fine. You can try monterey jack, cheddar, mozzarella.
- This recipe is great reheated. Make extra for later!
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 874mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3670IU | Vitamin C: 143.4mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 3.4mg