100 Calorie Breakfast Casserole Muffins
All the flavor of breakfast casserole in a portion controlled muffin! Crescent roll, eggs, ham and cheese team up for the perfect low calorie breakfast.
- 1- 8 oz. roll crescent dough sheet
- 2/3 cup lean diced ham
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tbsp cream
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 2/3 cup grated cheese, lower fat
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Unroll crescent dough sheet and place on wax paper.
Roll dough with rolling pin into a 15"x11" rectangle.
Using a cup with a 3" rim or cookie cutter, cut dough into 12 rounds.
Place dough rounds into muffin tin and spread each piece to fill.
Sprinkle diced ham on each crescent round, dividing evenly amoung the muffin cups.
Combine eggs,cream and salt & pepper in a measuring cup(for easier pouring) and beat slightly to combine.
Pour a small amount of eggs in each muffin cup, dividing evenly among the cups.
Sprinkle cheese on top of egg mixture, dividing evenly among cups.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until dough is browned and egg mixture is set.
Makes 12 muffins.
- Use either perforated crescent roll dough or a sheet of dough.
- Roll dough out to a 15" x 11" rectangle. This will give you plenty of space to cut out 12 circles.
- I used large eggs. If using smaller eggs, add an extra egg.
- Substitute other meats like bacon or sausage if desired. Turkey sausage or bacon will work also.
- Various cheeses may be substituted including colby, cheddar, monterey jack, etc. The recipe nutritionals are based on low-fat cheese.
Serving: 1each | Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 20mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 84IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg