Easy Skillet Squash
Step by step how to cook yellow squash with onions and seasonings. Makes a delicious low carb side dish.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6-7 small Summer Squash sliced
- ½ cup diced Onions
- 2 tablespoon pimentos, diced optional
- Salt and Pepper as desired
Heat olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium.
Add remaining ingredients and cook until squash is tender and browned- approximately 15 minutes. Avoid stirring until browned on one side then flip and brown other side.
Taste squash and add salt and pepper. The amount of seasoning will vary depending on the squash. Taste test for best results.
- In a hurry? Cut squash in thinner slices for faster cooking.
- Use either green onions or sweet onions.
- The salt needed in this recipe varies based on the squash. Be sure to sample the recipe to make sure you add the proper amount.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 1082mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 77mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg