Healthy Breakfast Skillet
Healthy breakfast skillet featuring hash browns and your favorite veggies. Prep ingredients the night before for a fast and simple breakfast.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup shredded hash browns, frozen*
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups diced veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sharp cheese, shredded
Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a heavy skillet then add 2 cups shredded hash browns. Spread hash browns out in skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium to medium low heat until brown on bottom about 7 minutes. Flip hash browns over sprinkle with salt and pepper then cook on low 7 more minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet then add diced veggies and saute over medium heat 5 minutes until softened.
Layer sautéed veggies on top of hash browns. Make 2 small holes in mixture then gently drop eggs in. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper and cheese.
Cover pan and cook over low until eggs are set- about 7 minutes. *Note: Nutritionals calculated using 1 cup potatoes as they will cook down from 2 cups to final measure of 1 cup.
- Use a nonstick skillet to keep shredded potatoes from sticking to pan.
- Prep the veggies the night before for an even quicker meal.
- Saute veggies long enough to allow them to release steam and brown slightly.
- Sprinkle diced ham, sausage or bacon on top if desired.
- Cover skillet to help eggs set.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 674IU | Vitamin C: 100mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 1mg