Ham Bone Soup
Use your leftover ham bone to make the best soup ever! Loaded with meat and veggies, it's a quick meal perfect for soup night.
- 1 ham bone, leftover, or ham chunks
- 29 oz stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 14.5 oz green beans
- 11 oz corn
- 15.25 oz lima beans
Place ham bone in a large pot and add about 6-8 cups water (enough to cover bone). Add tomatoes, carrots, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and thyme to pot. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
Add remaining veggies to pot. Taste broth and adjust seasonings as desired. Simmer another 10-15 minutes to combine flavors.
Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later.
Expert tips for making Ham Bone Soup:
- If you decide to make soup later, just freeze your ham bone. It will thaw just fine when you simmer your soup.
- If your ham bone has lots of ham still left on it, cut this ham up into chunks to disperse in the soup.
- Use lower sodium canned veggies if desired. The soup bone will add enough flavor to the soup.
- Make this soup low carb by using non starchy veggies like carrots, green beans, celery, peppers, cabbage, etc.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 772mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3345IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3.5mg