Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms stuffed with an easy-prep philly cheesesteak mixture. Use any leftover meat and lots of cheese for a satisfying meal. Serve over zoodles with low carb marinara for a taste explosion!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 3 portabella mushrooms about 4" each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers may use frozen
- 1/2 cup diced onions may use frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5-6 oz. diced meat leftover steak,roast,etc. about 1 cup
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey mustard dressing
- 4 slices provolone cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Clean mushrooms and set aside.
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and add peppers,onions and garlic.
Saute 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Add Worcestershire sauce and diced meat, heat 2-3 minutes.
Add honey mustard dressing and stir to combine.
Spray a medium size oven-proof pan with non-stick spray or coat lightly with oil.
Arrange mushrooms in pan and press 1 slice cheese into each mushroom to form a cup for filling.
Divide filling between mushrooms.
Top with remaining cheese.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Serve as is or over a bed of zucchini noodles covered with low carb marinara.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 446mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 293mg | Iron: 0.9mg