Philly cheesesteak stuffed mushrooms are amazingggggg! Just sayin’. 1. They taste awesome 2. They are low carb 3. They use leftover meat. Next time you have some leftover steak or roast, try this recipe. It’s a great low carb way to recycle those leftovers. You could also cook a batch then keep them covered in the refrigerator to use for lunch during the week.
I rounded out my meal with some zoodles and lower carb spaghetti sauce. You could very easily make this a family friendly meal by adding spaghetti or simply stuffing the filling into a hoagie bun!
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 portabella mushrooms about 4" each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers may use frozen
- 1/2 cup diced onions may use frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5-6 oz. diced meat leftover steak,roast,etc. about 1 cup
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey mustard dressing
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and add peppers,onions and garlic.
- Saute 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and diced meat, heat 2-3 minutes.
- Add honey mustard dressing and stir to combine.
- Spray a medium size oven-proof pan with non-stick spray or coat lightly with oil.
- Arrange mushrooms in pan and press 1 slice cheese into each mushroom to form a cup for filling.
- Divide filling between mushrooms.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Serve as is or over a bed of zucchini noodles covered with low carb marinara.