This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Lunch ideas you can enjoy while you keep your diabetes under control. These meals are quick, low carb and full of flavor. From turkey roll ups to chicken cheesesteak bowls, you will want to add these favorites to your lunch time meal rotation! Check out our companion posts on 10 best diabetes breakfast ideas and 10 best diabetes dinner ideas for more of our most popular recipes.
What can a type 2 diabetic eat for lunch?
- Choose a lunch that is lower carb and with extra fiber if possible. Including low carb veggies will give you plenty of fiber and vitamins.
- Some of the recipes listed here can be made lower in fat by using reduced fat cheese.
- Higher protein lunches help you avoid the mid afternoon slump which can occur when you overdo on carbs.
- Consult with your diabetes educator to determine the proper number of carbs you need to include in your meal.
- Lower carb tortillas and breads are a good choice for a quick sandwich.