This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Oops I did it again. Apparently the philly cheesesteak obsession is here to stay… In that case, let’s check out the latest low carb stuffed pepper recipe!!! The bell peppers make the perfect low carb edible bowl for the beefy, cheesy filling. I also discovered a way to cook the peppers so you can make this in one pan on the stovetop. I have used 2 types of cheese -queso melting cheese along with the traditional provolone cheese. Below I have step by step pics to show you exactly how to make low carb philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers!
How to Make Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers:
Step 1: Use any type of steak you prefer. Here I have thinly sliced minute steak to which I’ll add worcestershire sauce. The steak will be cooked to a delicious golden brown.
Step 2: Bell peppers atop a bed of sliced onions. These will be covered to help soften the peppers without having to bake them in the oven (time saver).
Once the peppers cook and steam, they will start to brown and soften. This will make them tender and easier to eat.
Step 3: Onions are mixed with the cooked steak before being stuffed into the bell peppers.
Place 1/2 slice provolone into the bottom of each pepper half…
Step 4: Stuff the peppers with filling and add more cheese on top. Place under the broiler to melt cheese or simply cover the pan and allow cheese to melt.
So there you have it… Stuffed peppers with philly cheesesteak!!
Looking for more philly cheesesteak stuffed pepper recipes?
Check out the following awesome blogs for more ideas:
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers from Low Carb Yum
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers from Peace Love and Low Carb
Here’s my recipe for Low Carb Chicken Philly Stuffed Zucchini
Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 large green bell peppers, halved (seeds removed)
- 1 lb steak - minute, sirloin,etc cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup queso melting cheese
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Stir. Place pepper halves on top of onions. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes until onions are golden brown- stirring onions occasionally. Lower heat if needed to prevent burning. Uncover last few minutes of cooking. Remove onions and peppers from skillet into a large bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet and turn heat to med high. Add worcestershire sauce to steak pieces and stir then cook in 2 batches -stir frying until browned and cooked- about 2-3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet for each batch of steak cooked. Add cooked steak to bowl containing cooked onions and stir to combine.
- Place 1/2 slice provolone cheese in the bottom of each pepper half, then fill peppers with steak/onion mixture. Heat queso cheese then drizzle evenly over peppers. Place peppers back in skillet on low heat. Cover and heat until thoroughly warmed.