This soy honey marinade makes a crave worthy roasted chicken and savory sauce. Golden brown chicken and sliced citrus make for a gorgeous presentation-perfect for special occasions or any time.
Here's an easy honey roasted chicken recipe that is perfect for both family and guests. The marinated chicken forms a delicious, juicy gravy after cooking so be sure to have plenty of crusty bread. Add a garden salad and you have a gourmet dinner with no stress!
Turmeric gives the chicken a delicious looking golden yellow color while offering a wonderful flavor. Honey and a touch of soy sauce round out the flavors.
- Soy Sauce
- Spices-turmeric and ginger
- Be sure to allow time to marinate the chicken and allow the flavors to fully develop.
- Arrange the chicken and onion and citrus in a large baking dish and roast at least 1 hour or until chicken temps at least 165 degrees.
- Allow chicken to rest about 10 minutes for best results.
💭 Top tips
- Be sure to check the dates on your spices for best flavor.
- Be sure to pour marinade over chicken before roasting. The marinade will form a delicious gravy as it cooks.
- Allow the chicken to roast at least 1 hour or longer to ensure it is fully cooked.
🥗 Side dishes
Simply add a salad and french bread and you have a meal! Other side dish ideas include Keto Broccoli Salad, Air Fryer Asparagus, or Easy Yellow Squash Recipe.
Did You Make This Recipe? Please leave your star rating and comment below!
Soy Honey Roasted Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 lb chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 medium red onion sliced thinly
- 1 small orange- sliced thinly
- 1 lemon- sliced thinly
- Combine all ingredients except onion, orange and lemon in a large resealable plastic bag. Place in refrigerator 2- 4 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Liberally oil a large baking dish.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Arrange onion, orange and lemon slices on top of chicken.
- Roast uncovered 1 hour or until chicken registers 165 degrees on meat thermometer.
- Serve with french bread.
Thalia @ butter and brioche
This roasted chicken dish just looks and sounds so incredible.. love the additional spice of tumeric especially. I have to make this!
Thanks Thalia! I hope you enjoy it...I've been cooking with turmeric alot lately!! Charlotte