This soy honey marinade makes a crave worthy roasted chicken and savory sauce. Golden brown chicken and sliced citrus make for a gorgeous presentation-perfect for special occasions or any time.
Here's an easy honey roasted chicken recipe that is perfect for both family and guests. The marinated chicken forms a delicious, juicy gravy after cooking so be sure to have plenty of crusty bread. Add a garden salad and you have a gourmet dinner with no stress!
Turmeric gives the chicken a delicious looking golden yellow color while offering a wonderful flavor. Honey and a touch of soy sauce round out the flavors.
- Soy Sauce
- Spices-turmeric and ginger
- Be sure to allow time to marinate the chicken and allow the flavors to fully develop.
- Arrange the chicken and onion and citrus in a large baking dish and roast at least 1 hour or until chicken temps at least 165 degrees.
- Allow chicken to rest about 10 minutes for best results.
💭 Top tips
- Be sure to check the dates on your spices for best flavor.
- Be sure to pour marinade over chicken before roasting. The marinade will form a delicious gravy as it cooks.
- Allow the chicken to roast at least 1 hour or longer to ensure it is fully cooked.
🥗 Side dishes
Did You Make This Recipe? Please leave your star rating and comment below!
Soy Honey Roasted Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 lb chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 medium red onion sliced thinly
- 1 small orange- sliced thinly
- 1 lemon- sliced thinly
- Combine all ingredients except onion, orange and lemon in a large resealable plastic bag. Place in refrigerator 2- 4 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Liberally oil a large baking dish.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Arrange onion, orange and lemon slices on top of chicken.
- Roast uncovered 1 hour or until chicken registers 165 degrees on meat thermometer.
- Serve with french bread.