This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Low Carb Mexican Chicken Bowl has to be one of my quickest-to-fix low carb recipes! If you are at all familiar with my blog, you know I have recently became obsessed with philly cheesesteak variations and this is basically one more version.
Not only does this Mexican chicken recipe come together in a snap, it has a flavor the whole family will love. Serve this cheesy, satisfying dish loaded up in bowls for your low carb eaters and offer hoagies or tortillas for everyone else.
Above pic shows the first step in preparing recipe, sautéing the peppers, onions and mushrooms. Be sure to cook the veggies long enough so they become tender or to the doneness you prefer.
If you are addicted to philly cheesesteak like I am, join my support group! I offer the following delicious recipes:
Low Carb Mexican Chicken Bowl
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms, sliced optional
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz rotisserie chicken, sliced
- 1/3 cup queso melting cheese
- 1/3 cup rotel style tomatoes, mild
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook until tender - about 8 minutes. (Lower heat to low medium if needed to avoid browning). Add worcestershire sauce to veggies and stir well.
- Sprinkle sliced chicken over veggies in skillet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix cheese and tomatoes and heat until melted. Pour melted cheese over chicken and veggies in skillet.