This low carb Mexican chicken recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and has a flavor the whole family will love. Serve this cheesy, satisfying dish loaded up in bowls for your low carb eaters and offer hoagies or tortillas for everyone else.
Low Carb Mexican Chicken Bowl has to be one of my quickest-to-fix low carb recipes! If you are at all familiar with my blog, you know I have recently became obsessed with philly cheesesteak variations and this is basically one more version.
Above pic shows the first step in preparing recipe, sautéing the peppers, onions and mushrooms. Be sure to cook the veggies long enough so they become tender or to the doneness you prefer.
Did you make this recipe? Leave your star rating and comments!
Low Carb Mexican Chicken Bowl
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms, sliced optional
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz rotisserie chicken, sliced
- ⅓ cup queso melting cheese
- ⅓ cup rotel style tomatoes, mild
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook until tender - about 8 minutes. (Lower heat to low medium if needed to avoid browning). Add worcestershire sauce to veggies and stir well.
- Sprinkle sliced chicken over veggies in skillet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix cheese and tomatoes and heat until melted. Pour melted cheese over chicken and veggies in skillet and serve.