This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
A list of 30 low carb snacks for diabetics. Make some of these snacks ahead so you will be prepared when hunger hits. From soup to nuts- we have all your favorites!
Snacks can be an important part of any diet but especially one for diabetes. Snacks can help stabilize blood glucose and prevent hypoglycemia.
Here is a low carb food list of 30 lower carb snacks to help get you started. (Some of these are substantial enough to be a meal). Feel free to add crackers or fruit if you need a few extra carbs. Enjoy!
30 Lower Carb Snack Ideas
- Ham or turkey and cheese roll ups- take a piece of string cheese and place on a thin slice of ham and roll up- add low carb ranch or honey mustard dressing as desired
- Lettuce and chicken salad roll up-spread your favorite low carb chicken salad on a lettuce leaf then roll up.
- Lettuce and pimento & cheese roll up- use lettuce leaves as a base then add pimento cheese on top. Roll up and serve.
- Celery and peanut butter- cut up 1-2 celery stalks and add 1-2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- Cottage cheese- either alone or as a dip with veggies
- Toasted pecans- coat pecans lightly with olive oil (if desired) then place on a cookie sheet. Roast at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Ricotta cheese- either alone or mix in seasonings to make a dip for cut-up veggies.Try adding your favorite herb mixture-either homemade or purchased.
- Lettuce and tuna salad roll up- same process as 2 above.
- Salmon dip with veggie sticks- mash canned salmon and add cream cheese or mayo and a touch of dill or your favorite seafood seasoning mixture.
- String cheese- choose your favorite brand.
- Hard boiled egg or avocado stuffed egg
- Vegetable soup- use lower carb veggies such as celery, tomatoes, green beans, cabbage, peppers, onions added to chicken or beef broth.
- Stuffed mushrooms (stuff with veggies, cheese, seasonings and broil or bake til soft)
- Stuffed summer squash -boil small whole squash, cut in half and scoop out seeds. Top with stuffing made of squash seeds mixed with lean sausage, seasonings such as savory or tarragon, low carb bread cubes. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake 10-15 minutes until heated.)
- Ranch dressing with veggies- make your own dressing or choose a lower carb product.
- Vegetable juice- choose lower sodium if watching sodium intake.
- Oven fried okra poppers (dip smaller size okra in egg then dust with parmesan cheese and bake until tender yet crunchy)
- Tomato soup- check label for carb count.
- Trail mix (make your own with nuts and coconut)
- Mozzarella cheese ball, cherry tomato and basil leaf kabob
- Spinach salad with crumbled bacon- choose a lower carb dressing.
- Bell peppers stuffed with chopped roast beef and cheese- melt cheese under broiler
- Chef's salad- top with chopped meat, bacon, cheese, low carb dressing
- Melt a slice of cheese on a slice of Canadian bacon
- Soy nuts
- Avocado dip- use veggie sticks for dippers
- Almonds or other nuts
- Cherry tomatoes with low carb dressing
- Greek Salad
- Boiled shrimp
Check out some of our other low carb ideas: