Looking for a fun party appetizer? These low carb antipasto skewers are fun to make and your guests will love the delicious Mediterranean tastes. Ready in about 15 minutes, low carb and diabetes friendly!
This recipe originally published August 2019, now updated with new photos and text.
These are the perfect party food and will fill your guests up. Most of the ingredients are Mediterranean foods that are a hit at parties. If you have rosemary plants growing in your garden, this is a great way to put them to use. If you don't have any rosemary plants, you may use wooden skewers or any skewers you have on hand.
- Hummus and Veggie Platter-what to eat with hummus
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Diabetes Friendly Holiday Recipe Ideas
- Marinated Mozzarella Balls
How to make antipasto skewers:
Gather ingredients and begin threading them onto your rosemary skewers! Super easy.
Foods to try:
Meats-chicken or pork sausage, turkey pepperoni, cooked pork tenderloin rounds, grilled chicken tender chunks
Cheese- mozzarella balls, cheddar cubes
Veggies: Roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives
Did you make this recipe? Leave your rating and comment below!
- 12 rosemary stems
- 12 oz mozzarella balls or cut cheese block into 1" cubes
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, quartered
- 6 oz black olives, whole, canned
- 12 oz chicken sausage, sliced or salami,sliced
- 4 oz balsamic dressing
- Strip the rosemary stems leaving 1-2" leaves at each end of stem.
- Thread cheese cubes, artichoke hearts, olives, and sausage onto rosemary stem.
- Drizzle skewers with balsamic dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Feel free to use other types of sausage or salami. If using salami, fold slices in half them spear with rosemary stem.
- Vary the dressing to include raspberry vinaigrette if desired.
- Consider veggies like cherry tomatoes, mushrooms or any other veggies you prefer.
Leave a Reply