Looking for a fun and delicious appetizer? Check out the diabetes friendly and low carb antipasto skewers! These are the perfect party food and will fill your guests up. Most of the ingredients are Mediterranean foods that are a hit at parties. If you have rosemary plants growing in your garden, this is a great way to put them to use. If you don’t have any rosemary plants, you may use wooden skewers or any skewers you have on hand.
How to make antipasto skewers:
Gather ingredients and begin threading them onto your rosemary skewers! Super easy.
Checkout my post of Greek Feta and Olive Appetizer
- 12 rosemary stems
- 12 oz mozzarella balls or cut cheese block into 1" cubes
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, quartered
- 6 oz black olives, canned
- 12 oz chicken sausage, sliced or salami,sliced
- 4 oz balsamic dressing
- Strip the rosemary stems leaving 1-2" leaves at each end of stem.
- Pierce cheese cubes, artichoke hearts, olives, and sausage with end of rosemary stem.
- Drizzle skewers with balsamic dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Feel free to use other types of sausage or salami. If using salami, fold slices in half them spear with rosemary stem.
- Vary the dressing to include raspberry vinaigrette if desired.
- Consider veggies like cherry tomatoes, mushrooms or any other veggies you prefer.