This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
This post originally published December 2013, now updated with new images, expert tips, FAQs and nutrition info.
How about a deliciously simple appetizer? Marinated mozzarella balls can be put together in about 10 minutes and it looks as good as it tastes. All the ingredients are part of the Mediterranean diet, so you can feel good about serving this recipe to family and friends. Try serving this with pita chips or keep it diabetes friendly with a low carb cracker.
Why this recipe works
- We use cubes or balls of cheese-perfect for appetizer portions
- No cooking-make it ahead for best flavor
Check out my recipe for Antipasto Skewers for another great appetizer option!
Marinated Mozzarella Balls
- 4 oz Mozzarella balls or feta cheese cubes
- 4 oz Olives
- ¾ teaspoon Oregano , dried
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , minced
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- In a glass jar of desired size, layer olives and cheese balls or cubes.
- Sprinkle oregano and garlic over each layer.
- Continue to layer until jar is full.
- Pour olive oil over until ½ to ¾ full.
- Seal jar and store in refrigerator.
- May be prepared a day ahead to allow flavors to combine.