This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Sweet potatoes are full of fiber and vitamins and make a great hash that can be served any time! This is satisfying comfort food that the whole family will love. Add an egg for a higher protein count and be sure to measure your serving if you are counting carbs.
Be sure to look for lower sodium sausage if you are watching your sodium intake. Otherwise, feel free to use any type of smoked sausage.
Looking for more sweet potato recipes? Check out these delicious sweet potato options from the Easyhealth blog!
Easy and Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes from Cooking Light
26 Totally Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes from Delish
Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small bell pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 # lower sodium smoked sausage diced
- salt and pepper as desired
- Cook sweet potato cubes in a pot of boiling water until tender- about 5 minutes. Drain sweet potatoes well- place on paper towels to fully dry.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet then add onions, bell pepper, garlic and sausage. Cook until vegs are tender and sausage is browned.
- Remove sausage mixture to a bowl, then heat remaining teaspoon olive oil on medium.
- Add sweet potato cubes and allow to cook 2-3 minutes until cubes brown.
- Add salt and pepper to sweet potatoes as desired.
- Add sausage mixture back to sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- Adjust seasoning and serve warm.