This sweet potato breakfast recipe will make your wildest dreams come true!! (If your dreams involve sweet potatoes…) What could be more delicious that a grab-and-go breakfast made from sweet potato and eggs? I love sweet potatoes and especially for breakfast! I found these tots in my local grocery store and decided to pair them up with eggs and ham for a super easy sweet potato cup. Success!
The picture above shows the sweet potato cups after their inital baking and filled with diced ham and ready for the eggs to be added. These little cups were fun to make and even more fun to eat! Be sure to check out my variation on this recipe where I add spinach to the mix. My Sweet Potato Florentine Breakfast Cups are just waiting for you to reach out to them…
Sweet Potato Breakfast Cups
- 19 oz . package frozen sweet potato tots
- Oil for greasing muffin tin
- 1/2 cup lean diced ham
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with foil liners.
- Coat liners with nonstick spray.
- Allow tots to thaw then place about 5-6 tots in each cup.
- Mash tots with back of spoon or small glass to form cup shape in muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cups from oven and add diced ham. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs and milk until evenly combined, add salt and pepper as desired.
- Divide egg mixture between muffin cups.
- Bake cups for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Makes 6 breakfast cups.