I was so pleased with my Sweet Potato Breakfast Cups that I decided to create a florentine version! And not only that, I added spinach!! Just kidding… These little spinach breakfast cups are so delicious and are a super-easy grab and go breakfast during hectic weekdays. I mean, think about it, you’re driving down the road eating spinach AND sweet potatoes for breakfast!!?? How can you not have the best day EVER??
Spinach Breakfast Cups
- 20 ounce pkg. frozen sweet potato tots , thawed
- Non-stick spray
- 9 oz . frozen chopped spinach , thawed and drained
- 5 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- salt/pepper , as desired
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cheese , grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Place 5-6 tots in each cup. Shred tots and press into muffin tin to form cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cups and set aside, lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon into sweet potato cups to fill evenly. Top with grated cheese if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 breakfast muffins.