Our most popular diabetes-friendly one pan chicken recipes you can make in less than 30 minutes. From chicken Philly cheesesteak to Mexican queso chicken, we have your low carb chicken needs covered. Cooking tips and side dish recommendations included!
Here is a collection of low carb chicken recipes everyone in the family will love! Many of these recipes can be made family friendly by simply adding a bun, tortilla or other carb side dish. No need to cook a separate meal for the kids!
Pro Tips for Making Diabetes Friendly Chicken Recipes
- Short on time? Choose chicken tenders for your recipe as these will cook in the least amount of time. They also thaw fast in a pinch. Just be sure to avoid overcooking them. Chicken is fully cooked at 165°F.
- Most of these meals can be prepared in one pan for ease of preparation. Choose a non-stick pan oven or iron skillet. Some recipes will state if an oven safe pan is required.
- Whenever you are boiling chicken, use chicken broth instead of water. This will add a delicious flavor to your chicken. Through in a few herb sprigs or a celery stalk for even tastier chicken.
Diabetes Friendly Side Dish Ideas
Try to choose low carb veggies and side dishes depending upon your health professional's personalized carb recommendations. Choose carbs carefully and focus on getting fewer processed foods.
Minimize potatoes, rice and pasta in favor of non-starchy vegetables and/or substitutes like cauliflower-rice, high fiber pasta, etc. Check out these options:
- Low Carb Tex Mex Squash Casserole
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus
- Picnic Tomato Caprese Cups
- Balsamic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Low Carb Chicken Recipes
Here's a delicious chicken cheesesteak sandwich that is one of the most visited recipes on this site! Our readers love this recipe!
Next up is a chicken cordon bleu recipe that will be your new go-to recipe when you want something a little different that will wow your family and guests!
One pot recipes are the best! This one takes all your favorite Mediterranean ingredients and turns them into a flavor explosion that will have you coming back for more.
Here we have "twist" on the philly chicken cheesesteak favorite. How can you go wrong with queso and rotel?
Anyone for BBQ? You will want this one in your weekly menu line-up for sure! Be sure to use a low carb sauce to keep it diabetes friendly.
Another one dish meal here! So satisfying and colorful! Another recipe you will want to add to your rotation.
Pesto chicken is another flavor packed recipe that is so versatile. Cook up a batch and keep it handy to use throughout the week for quick, healthy meals.
Here's a recipe that pleases back kids AND adults! No one can resist skillet chicken tenders- makes a great family friendly meal option.
Alfredo sauce makes this recipe a standout! Add in a lower carb pasta or zoodles as a base then ladle on the creamy sauce.
3 ingredients and one pot! What's not to love? Be sure to use a low carb salsa to keep the carbs reined in.