This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
I'm always on the lookout for easy recipes with asparagus. This recipe for cheesy roasted asparagus definitely fills the bill. Simply roast your asparagus then add cheese. Easy! I used havarti cheese because it is heavenly when melted but feel free to use whatever cheese you have on hand. Let's get started!
How to roast asparagus in the oven:
Coat fresh asparagus with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Then spread out on parchment lined pan.
After roasting, lay cheese slices over asparagus then return to oven to melt.
The finished asparagus covered in delicious, melted cheese.
Looking for more roasted veggie recipes?
Here's a roundup of my favorite Mediterranean Roast Vegetables.
Try my recipe for Toasted Quinoa over Asparagus! Let me know how you like to cook your asparagus and any cooking tips you have!
Cheesy Roasted Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 slices havarti cheese or your favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a pan with parchment paper. Clean and trim asparagus then place on prepared pan.
- Add olive oil, garlic and salt to asparagus and toss to coat. Place in oven to roast about 10 minutes.
- Remove asparagus then place cheese on top. Place under broiler just until cheese melts. Serve.