This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Roasted chickpeas make a delicious snack even kids will enjoy. Once you add your seasonings and roast them, they become a crunchy high fiber snack. These Tex Mex baked chickpeas make a fun party snack that your guests will love.
Chickpeas are a great source of fiber and therefore can help control blood sugar levels. Just be sure to measure your portion to avoid overeating as they do contain carbs.
If you have never roasted chickpeas before, you will be blown away with these delicious crunchy bites!
Why this recipe works:
- Uses canned chickpeas for quick prep.
- Tex Mex seasoning makes these chickpeas a tasty snack everyone will love.
- Plenty of time roasting helps chickpeas get crunchy and golden brown!
What Are Chickpeas?
Chickpeas are a legume high in fiber and protein. Another name for them is garbanzo beans. They are a main ingredient in hummus, soups and wraps.
The main ingredients:
- Chickpeas: Choose canned chickpeas for this recipe .
- Olive oil: actually, you may use any type oil you prefer.
- Spices- be sure to check the date on your spices for freshness.
How to make roasted chickpeas:
- Step 1. Begin by rinsing your chickpeas then dry them well. Combine oil and spices.
- Step 2. Pour seasoned oil over dried chickpeas and stir to fully coast the chickpeas.
- Step 3. Spread chickpeas out on parchment lined pan and roast until crispy.
- Be sure to dry the chickpeas well after rinsing. This will help with getting them crispy.
- Use fresh spices for best flavor.
- Stir the chickpeas halfway through cooking to help with crispiness.
Hope you enjoy this Tex Mex Roasted Chickpea Recipe! Be sure to check out these other favorites:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave your star rating and comment below!
Tex Mex Roasted Chickpeas
- 15 oz Canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and allow to dry on paper towels. Pat chickpeas with paper towel to help remove moisture. This will loosen the clear “skins” on chickpeas-you may discard these if desired.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine and form a paste.
- Add dried chickpeas to bowl and mix well to coat chickpeas with seasoning.
- Pour chickpeas out onto a foil-lined baking sheet to form one layer.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, then remove and stir chickpeas.
- Return to oven to roast 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Watch closely to prevent burning.