A great new way to serve asparagus- topped with crunchy, toasted quinoa. The best quinoa recipes are easy to prepare and this one is no different. Prepare the rest of the meal while the quinoa topped asparagus cooks in the oven.
Toasted Quinoa Over Asparagus
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large bunch asparagus , cleaned and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions using broth in place of water.
- Spread cooked quinoa onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until dry and slightly toasted.
- Remove quinoa from oven and increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, toss asparagus with oil and garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread asparagus onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread toasted quinoa over asparagus.
- Roast in oven 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender.