This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Low carb baked Greek chicken is my go to meal when I am craving an easy Mediterranean type meal. One pot meal, low carb, cheesy, diabetes friendly, Greek tasting’- everything you’ll need for a great meal for both family and guests. You may use either chicken breasts or thighs for this recipe- just be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed and check doneness with a meat thermometer. If you’d like a version of this recipe with a tex mex twist, try out my Cheesy Spinach and Rotel Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
How to make low carb baked Greek chicken:
Step 1: Sauté Greek seasoned chicken thighs or breasts until brown on each side. (The chicken will not be completely cooked.)
Step 2: Sauté green onions and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
Step 3: Add the spinach, sun dried tomatoes and feta to the sautéed onions and mushrooms. Heat mixture, stirring occasionally.
Step 4: Add chicken back to skillet and sprinkle with Italian cheese. Place in 375° oven for 20-30 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
Low Carb Baked Greek Chicken
- 2 teaspoons olive oil , divided
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium size chicken thighs or breasts (4-6 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 small mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach (may use frozen-cook, drain and squeeze to remove excess moisture)
- 1/3 cup grated Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in oven proof skillet. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and oregano then sauté quickly to brown on each side. Remove from skillet.
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook until tender. Add in sun dried tomatoes, feta and spinach.
- Sprinkle with Italian cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving to maximize flavors.