This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
I’m always on the look out for easy low carb recipes that I can throw together fast! Here’s a spinach dip stuffed chicken recipe I created with a few items I always keep in my pantry/freezer.
If you decide to use the black bean option in the recipe, you will get about 15gm of high fiber carb for each 1/2 cup serving of beans. Beans are a great carb option for most people as they generally do not tend to spike glucose levels. Stuffed chicken breasts would be a flavorful 1-pan meal to serve family or friends following a diet for diabetes control.
Cheesy Spinach and Rotel Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breeats (4-5 oz each)
- 1 10 oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 10 oz. can mild Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese- your favorite type increase to 3/4 cup if you want filling extra cheesy
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- cumin powder
- garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced onions optional
- 1 can black beans optional
- 1/4 cup chicken broth optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butterfly chicken breasts. (Cut partially through the center of chicken breast making a pocket)
- Combine spinach, diced tomatoes & chilies and cheese in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide spinach mixture into 4 portions and stuff into each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasonings.
- Heat oil in oven-proof skillet.
- (Saute onions and black beans -if using. Remove from skillet and add 1 tsp. oil to skillet)
- Add stuffed chicken breasts to skillet and cook until browned on each side (about 3 minutes per side)
- (Return black beans and onions to skillet if using. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth to keep beans from drying out)
- Cover pan with oven-proof lid or foil and place in oven.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until internal temp of chicken reaches 165 degrees F.