This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
This lean eating recipe for eggplant parmesan stacks has plenty of flavor and will also help you feel full! Fiber is one of the key elements in your diet to help you stay satisfied longer after meals and this recipe is loaded with fiber.
You can serve this recipe with such side dishes as spinach salad, whole wheat pasta, veggie pasta, or just enjoy it by itself. Eggplant parmesan stacks make a great lunch, so be sure to make enough for leftovers.
If you are watching your carbs closely, try this recipe with a homemade tomato sauce made from canned or fresh tomatoes, olive oil and fresh basil. If you prefer a store-bought sauce, just be sure to check the label for reduced carb levels.
This is Eggplant Parmesan recipe is from my ebook <a title="28 day diabetes diet plan" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RNFSV56/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00RNFSV56&linkCode=as2&tag=theglycanddia-20&linkId=C2MD7NNGCVIFA3UE">28%20Day Diabetes Diet Meal Planner- Menu Me!: Lower Carb Menus & Easy Recipes</a>28 Day Diabetes Diet Meal Planner- Menu Me! Lower Carb Menus & Easy Recipes.
Healthy Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 medium eggplant-sliced into approx. ¼" rounds
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1 egg + 2 Tablespoons water
- salt pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce or homemade marinara
- mozzarella cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and oregano in a shallow bowl.
- Combine egg and water in a small bowl and mix with a fork until combined.
- Place each slice of eggplant in egg mixture then place in breadcrumb mixture to lightly coat both sides. Place slices on baking pan.
- Sprinkle top of slices with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake eggplant 15 minutes.
- Turn eggplant slices over and continue to bake another 10 minutes.
- To make stacks:
- Place a slice of eggplant on plate and spread a small amount of marinara on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Continue stacking until 3-4 eggplant rounds are used for each stack.
- Place stacks under broiler to melt cheese.