This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
So, I'm currently obsessed with phyllo dough... It gives you just enough crust to hold your recipe ingredients without tons of carbs. Therefore, I am making phyllo tarts, phyllo pizza, phyllo pies, phyllo cakes (just kidding).
This pizza is awesome hot out of the oven or warmed up the next day. The topping ingredients are flexible so just use whatever veggies you have- I happened to have some roasted red peppers and a jar of marinated artichoke hearts in the fridge so that's why I included them. You could simply add some black olives or pepperoni if you like. Be sure to check out my Low Carb Tomato Mushroom Pizza!
Low Carb Phyllo Pizza with Roasted Veggies & Ricotta
- For Roasted Veggies:
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 summer squash sliced
- 4 small portabella mushrooms sliced
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- ½ green pepper sliced
- 7 okra ends trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano or 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- For Pizza:
- 6-7 phyllo sheets
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2 small marinated artichoke hearts optional
- 1-2 marinated roasted red peppers optional
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup Italian blend cheese or mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine roasted veggie ingredients in a large bowl and stir to coat. Pour veggies out onto a large baking pan and place in oven to roast approx. 15-20 minutes. (may be done in advance- store roasted veggies in refrigerator until ready to use).
- Line a 15" pizza pan (or whatever size pizza pan you have) with parchment paper (if desired).
- Begin layering phyllo sheets onto pizza pan, spraying each layer with non-stick spray.
- Combine ricotta cheese, oregano, garlic and egg. Stir to combine.
- Spread ricotta mixture over phyllo crust, then top with pieces of roasted veggies, artichokes and roasted red peppers (as desired).
- Sprinkle with cheeses and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Slice into wedges and serve.