This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Low carb chicken philly stuffed zucchini delivers all the flavor you need but without all the carbs. Make it family friendly and serve in slider buns.
Low carb chicken philly cheesesteak all over again!! Yes, it’s true. I have managed to find yet another way for you to enjoy chicken philly in the comfort of your own home. Still low carb, still delicious. This time I’ve tweaked the recipe to use ground chicken and it’s stuffed into zucchini to make a delicious low carb chicken philly stuffed zucchini! How do you make low carb chicken philly stuffed zucchini you ask? Well, since you asked, let’s get this chicken philly party started…
To start the recipe, I go ahead and prep the zucchini so it can be cooking in the oven while I make the filling.
The ground chicken gets a shot of seasonings and is browned in batches to build flavor. Try not to crowd the chicken into a small skillet or it will steam instead of brown. Browning creates the flavor.
You can use either fresh or frozen veggies. The frozen veggies are a great time-saver. If you have other types of peppers on hand, you may substitute those for the bell peppers. Also, mushrooms are delicious in this recipe!
If you wish to make the filling ahead of time, just place it in the refrigerator until you are ready. You may also go ahead and stuff the zucchini. When ready complete the recipe, pour the cheese over then bake in a 350 degree oven until heated.
Low Carb Chicken Philly Stuffed Zucchini
- 1 lb chicken, ground
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup queso
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chicken, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Make sure the chicken is evenly coated with seasonings. Set aside.
- Clean zucchinis then half lengthwise and scoop out inside. Coat lightly with the 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until tender.
- While zucchini bakes, heat 1 tsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook ground chicken in 2 batches until brown-about 10 minutes per batch. (Dividing batches will help the chicken brown rather than steam. If you have a very large skillet, then you can cook it all at once.) Set browned chicken aside.
- Using the same skillet, sautéed bell pepper and onion in remaining olive oil until tender- about 6-8 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken to cooked veggies and fill zucchini.
- Melt queso and pour over each zucchini. Serve warm.