Low Carb Patty Melt
Low carb patty melt pleases the whole family with plenty of beef, cheese and low carb goodness.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1 medium onion,sliced
- 1 lb. ground beef, grass fed if available
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. queso melting cheese
- 8 slices thin-sliced bread optional
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- ½ Tbsp. dill pickle relish
- dash Worcestershire sauce
To prepare Comeback Sauce:Mix all ingredients well. Use this as a sandwich spread with patty melts.
Heat oil or butter in a large skillet then add sliced onion. Cook and stir until soft and golden brown-about 15 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Add worcestershire sauce to ground beef and form into 4 thin patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Place patties in skillet and cook over medium heat turning as needed until fully cooked.
Place onions on top of cooked patties, then pour melted queso over all.
Toast bread slices. Spread 2 slices toast with comeback sauce then add a patty with onions and cheese to form sandwich.
- Cook the onions until fully caramelized- this is a key part of the recipe!
- Queso is awesome in this recipe but feel free to use the cheese you prefer.
- May this recipe even fewer carbs and use a lettuce leaf instead of very thin bread.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 432mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3mg