Low Carb Steak Taco Bowl
Tender bites of taco-seasoned steak mixed with veggies and queso for a filling, low carb meal.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 small onion, sliced thinly or 5-6 green onions
- 8 small portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small poblano pepper may use bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 10 oz steak, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup queso melting cheese
Heat 1-2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium skillet and add garlic, onions, mushrooms and peppers. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove from skillet.
Add taco mix to sliced steak. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet and heat over medium. Add steak and stir fry until brown and cooked- about 1-2 minutes depending on thickness of slices.
Add cooked veggies back to skillet with steak and stir.
Heat queso and pour over steak mixture.
- Have all ingredients sliced and ready to go as this recipe goes quickly once started.
- Slice steak thinly to speed up cooking time.
- Have queso warmed and ready to pour.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 368mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg