This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Here's a quick and easy recipe for lower carb quesadillas using leftover lean meats such as steak, roast, chicken, etc. Keep calories in check by using less cheese or a light version. Other low cal add-ons include salsa, jalapenos and light sour cream. Enjoy!
- For Each Quesadilla:
- 1 small lower carb tortilla
- ½-1 cup peppers and onions , diced (fresh or frozen)
- Mushrooms , any variety, sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3-4 Ounces lean beef steak , pork or chicken or any lean leftover meat, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat sandwich grill.
- Heat olive oil in a small non-stick skillet and sautee veggies until crips-tender.
- Place a tortilla on grill and top with veggies, sliced meat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortilla over and close sandwich press to heat and toast tortilla.
- Slice into wedges and serve warm with salsa and peppers as desired.