This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Use our extensive list to help you create the best diabetes friendly gift basket. Options and ideas for foods, active lifestyle and so much more!
Gift baskets are so much fun to make and even more fun to receive! People with diabetes love them too, but what’s ok to include? It is important to choose items that will be safe for a diabetic diet and also lower in carbs. Many of these items can be easily found in your local grocery store or dollar store.
What can I put in a diabetic gift basket?
Many of the items that can be included in a diabetes-friendly gift basket are exactly the same items anyone would love to receive. Let’s check out some gift ideas that will make your gift basket a real treat!
Food and Beverage Ideas
- Specialty Teas – these are 0 carb and come in handy anytime.
- Nuts/Seeds (sunflower, chia, flax)
- Steel Cut Oats
- Smoked Salmon
- Herb Vinegars
- Dark chocolate with no added sugar
- Pickled foods-may be high in sodium
- Olives- may be high in sodium
- Specialty Oils
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Cheese Balls-will need refrigeration
- Unsweetened Seltzer Water- to add to fruit juice
- Low Sodium Tomato Juice
- Cheese, string cheese-will need refrigeration
- Dry Rubs, Herb Mixes
- Popcorn Kernels
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Small appliances-immersion blender, air fryer, smoothie maker
- Grill pan
- Kitchen gadgets
- Grill tools, digital thermometer
Books and Magazines
- Cookbooks- low carb, diabetes friendly
- Magazines-any topics or diabetes specific
- Gift card for ecookbooks
- Fitness trackers
- Gym memberships/classes gift cards
- Personal trainer services
- Gardening tools
- Camping gear-flashlights, poncho, dutch oven
- Sport equipment- frisbee, ping pong balls/paddles, kites
- Birdwatching- books, binoculars, maps, bird song cd
- Other hobbies include rock collecting supplies, star gazing books, wildflower and seashell identification books, insect/butterfly guides
Containers-fill these up with goodies
- Tote Bag-can be used at the gym or grocery store.
- Gym Bag-perfect for a fitness gear
- Mixing Bowl- fill it up with kitchen gadgets
- Beverage Pitcher
- Gardening stool or seat with compartment
- Cooler or ice chest
- Picnic Basket
- Terrarium with supplies
- Fish bowl with supplies- gift card for fish