This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Use our extensive list to help you create the best diabetes friendly gift basket. Options and ideas for foods, active lifestyle and so much more!
Gift baskets are so much fun to make and even more fun to receive! People with diabetes love them too, but what's ok to include? It is important to choose items that will be safe for a diabetic diet and also lower in carbs. Many of these items can be easily found in your local grocery store or dollar store.
What can I put in a diabetic friendly gift basket?
Many of the items that can be included in a diabetes-friendly gift basket are exactly the same items anyone would love to receive. Let's check out some gift ideas that will make your gift basket a real treat!
Food and Beverage Ideas
Here are some ideas for items that are low carb yet add so much flavor to meals. Click on the highlighted topics to go to Amazon if desired.
- Specialty Teas - these are 0 carb and come in handy anytime.
- Nuts/Seeds (sunflower, chia, flax)
- Steel Cut Oats
- Smoked Salmon
- Herb Vinegars
- Dark chocolate with no added sugar
- Pickled foods-may be high in sodium
- Olives- may be high in sodium
- Specialty Oils
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Cheese Balls-will need refrigeration
- Unsweetened Sparkling Water- to add to fruit juice
- Low Sodium Tomato Juice
- Cheese, string cheese-will need refrigeration
- Dry Rubs, Herb Mixes
- Popcorn Kernels
- Natural Peanut Butter
Having a few handy cooking tools will make meal prep so much easier! The highlighted links will take you to amazon or try such stores as Williams-Sonoma, Target, etc for more ideas!
- Small appliances-immersion blender, air fryer, smoothie maker
- Grill pan
- Kitchen gadgets
- Grill tools, digital thermometer
- 10 Best Diabetes Chicken Recipes
- 5 Things You Can Do Every Morning to Help Control Type 2 Diabetes
- I Have Type 2 Diabetes- Now What?
Books and Magazines
- Cookbooks- low carb, diabetes friendly
- Magazines-any topics or diabetes specific magazines
- Gift card for ecookbooks
Activity is a key for good glucose control. Make it a little easier with a few of these ideas (click link to go to Amazon or try other stores like Dick's Sporting Goods, etc.)
- Fitness trackers
- Gym memberships/classes gift cards
- Personal trainer services
- Gardening tools
- Camping gear-flashlights, poncho, dutch oven
- Sport equipment- flying discs, ping pong balls/paddles, kites
- Birdwatching- books, binoculars, maps, bird song cd
- Other hobbies include rock collecting supplies, star gazing books, wildflower and seashell identification books, insect/butterfly guides
- Ultimate Online Guide for New Type 2 Diabetics
- Top 10 Comfort Foods Made Diabetes Friendly
- Diabetes Control: A1C Conversion Chart & Tips
Containers-fill these up with goodies
- Tote Bag-can be used at the gym or grocery store.
- Gym Bag-perfect for a fitness gear
- Mixing Bowl- fill it up with kitchen gadgets
- Beverage Pitcher
- Gardening stool or seat with compartment
- Cooler or ice chest
- Picnic Basket
- Terrarium with supplies
- Fish bowl with supplies- gift card for fish
Don't forget to add in some bows, ribbon, etc to add to the festive look. I love the large clear gift bags to slide over the basket and tie. Super easy!