Pork tenderloin is a great choice if you are looking for an easy to prepare and tasty entree. It is lower in calories and fat than many other cuts of pork and is very versatile. This recipe features a one dish preparation technique to help make clean up quick and easy. I paired this recipe with a sweet potato hash and creamed spinach for a total carb count of around 15-20 gm carb (mainly from sweet potatoes.)
Roasted Herb Pork Tenderloin
- 1 # pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a zipper seal plastic bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to oven proof skillet and heat over medium.
- Remove tenderloin from plastic bag and discard marinade. Salt and pepper tenderloin as desired. Sear tenderloin in skillet until all sides are browned.
- Place skillet in oven and cook tenderloin until done- approx 20-30 minutes.