This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
If you are searching for something different for lunch, why not try this grilled or lightly sautéed cajun seasoned skillet shrimp recipe? I was able to purchase USA grown shrimp and added just 2 ingredients to create a delicious lean protein to use in salads, wraps, etc. These skillet shrimp take just a few minutes to cook-just allow time to peel and devein them before cooking unless you purchase peeled shrimp. I used a generic cajun seasoning, so feel free to utilize your favorite brand or you could even use jerk seasoning if you cannot find a cajun seasoning in your local market.
How to make cajun shrimp:
Sprinkle shrimp with cajun seasoning then sauté in olive oil. Turn shrimp to cook both sides.
Blot cooked cajun shrimp on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Arrange cooked cajun shrimp on salad. I topped my salad with cheese and dressing also.
Cajun Seasoned Shrimp
- 2 pounds Shrimp peeled and deveined
- olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- salt optional
- Lightly coat a medium size nonstick skillet with olive oil and heat.
- Spread shrimp out on was paper and sprinkle with cajun seasoning and salt (as desired).
- Place 10-12 shrimp in skillet (avoid crowding) and cook 1-2 minutes then turn shrimp over and cook about 1 minutes until done.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to pan as needed while cooking to prevent shrimp from sticking to pan.
- Continue cooking shrimp in batches of 10-12 (depending on the size of your skillet) until all shrimp are cooked.
- Serve over a tossed salad or in a wrap.
- Note: Shrimp may be grilled if desired.