If you are searching for something different for lunch, why not try this grilled or lightly sautéed cajun seasoned skillet shrimp recipe? I was able to purchase USA grown shrimp and added just 2 ingredients to create a delicious lean protein to use in salads, wraps, etc. These skillet shrimp take just a few minutes to cook-just allow time to peel and devein them before cooking unless you purchase peeled shrimp. I used a generic cajun seasoning, so feel free to utilize your favorite brand or you could even use jerk seasoning if you cannot find a cajun seasoning in your local market.
Cajun Seasoned Shrimp
- 2 pounds Shrimp peeled and deveined
- olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- salt optional
- Lightly coat a medium size nonstick skillet with olive oil and heat.
- Spread shrimp out on was paper and sprinkle with cajun seasoning and salt (as desired).
- Place 10-12 shrimp in skillet (avoid crowding) and cook 1-2 minutes then turn shrimp over and cook about 1 minutes until done.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to pan as needed while cooking to prevent shrimp from sticking to pan.
- Continue cooking shrimp in batches of 10-12 (depending on the size of your skillet) until all shrimp are cooked.
- Serve over a tossed salad or in a wrap.
- Note: Shrimp may be grilled if desired.