A quick and healthy weeknight meal. This beef lo mein comes together super fast and is a great way to use up leftovers. Try leftover pasta, steak, roast beef or chicken in this recipe with delicious results. Frozen Chinese veggies are also a great option when you are low on fresh vegetables.
One of the keys to flavor is the beef marinade, so be sure to allow a few minutes for this step. If you happen to have enough time, the beef can be marinated anywhere from 5- 30 minutes. If you do not have chicken broth on hand, you may substitute chicken bouillon and water to cook the pasta.
To keep carb counts low, try using your favorite low carb pasta or spaghetti squash. If carbs aren't a big concern, use thin spaghetti if desired. This meal is great the next day so it can be warmed up for lunch or as dinner leftovers.
Here are a few of our other favorite recipes you may like:
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave your star rating and comments below!
Quick Beef Lo Mein
- 32 oz. lower sodium chicken broth
- 4-6 oz. spaghetti squash or thin spaghetti
- 1 pound round steak chopped into 2" pieces
- 3 teaspoon oil divided
- ⅓ cup frozen diced onions
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ medium size red pepper chopped
- ½ medium sized green pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons lower sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Bring chicken broth to a boil and add thin spaghetti. Cook until tender and drain spaghetti (save broth.) Set pasta aside.
- Place beef chunks in a small bowl and add marinade ingredients-stir to coat beef.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet or a wok on medium high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and beef to skillet and stir fry until fully cooked- about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove beef mixture and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet then add cooked pasta and stir fry 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and add mushrooms, peppers and pea pods. Stir fry until crisp tender- about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add beef and pasta back to veggies in skillet and stir to combine.
- Continue stirring over medium heat until heated throughout.
- Add additional soy sauce and/ or reserved broth as desired for flavor.