This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Low carb pork lettuce wraps are my favorite way to enjoy an Asian meal without all the carbs! I love that I can make a batch of the filling and enjoy these wraps through the week- makes a super-simple meal that you will be craving all day (and by you I mean me…) Seriously, I have been craving these lettuce wraps for like 2 weeks now- they are that good. Let’s get to the low carb lettuce wrap details…
The above pic shows the pork placed in the non-stick skillet for browning. Notice that there is plenty of space around the pork pieces. This will help them to brown- avoid crowding as this will cause steaming instead of stir-frying.
See how well they are browning? Remove the pieces when fully cooked and brown and continue stir frying the pork in small batches.
Above pic shows the completed filling recipe which is now ready for serving or you may allow the filling to cool and pack it into small containers for lunches through the week. Pack your lettuce leaves separately and fill them right as you are ready to eat to prevent the lettuce from becoming limp.
You may garnish your wraps with cilantro, scallions, chopped peanuts, etc. Serve these garnishes on the side and let everyone add whatever ones they prefer. I have never been a huge fan of cilantro, but this recipe changed my mind. It is over the top delicious with a touch of cilantro!
Low Carb Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp Korean BBQ Sauce, divided
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 4 each green onions, diced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger root, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 each red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 medium mushrooms, diced
- bibb lettuce leaves
- chopped peanuts
- green onions, diced
- Slice tenderloin into thin pieces and place into a bowl. (May freeze tenderloin slightly to make slicing easier.) Add 1 Tablespoon BBQ sauce to pork and stir well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet, then stir fry pork in 2 batches until cooked and brown. (May use another 1 tsp olive oil for second batch.) Placed cooked pork in a small bowl.
- When all pork is browned, add 1/2 tsp olive oil to skillet and heat. Add green onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, pepper and mushrooms to skillet and stir fry 2-3 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add pork to veggies in skillet along with remaining 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce. Stir well to combine. Serve with lettuce leaves and garnishes as desired.